Virtualization of Media Operations
Virtual Media Operations gives a media ecosystem the ability to make use of computer farms to get the same features as the ones used with Dedicated Media Equipment. Media Operations tasks like Record, Ingest, Play, Stream, Encode, Transcode or Decode usually performed by dedicated boxes, can now be replaced by virtual operations running on a computer farm.
This technology has seen a significant growth in implementation in other markets over the last few years, and it is now time for the Broadcast and Media Industry to take advantage of it, in order to maximize production on multiple operations.
Scalable farm of services fully adaptable to your needs.
Alternate between operations when necessary, with no dedicated equipment for each task.
IT Management Simplified
Save on physical space with a simplified IT infrastructure that can be managed with no geographic limitations.
Full-Featured Friendly Web UI
Centralized Infrastructure with a Intuitive user interface that can scale or increase resources when needed.
Why a Virtual Media Farm?
With the virtual operation running on an IT Farm, production houses can rely on a easy to setup infrastructure, without needing to allocate different expertise to each equipment, nor have a 24/7 support team onsite in case there’s a physical malfunction.
The traditional way
In any traditional media production environment, it is possible to find:
- Recording Systems, Streaming Boxes, Playout Servers;
- Encoders, Transcoders, Decoders, Ingest Stations, Playout Servers.
Usually, for each type of operation there is dedicated equipment to perform its task.
Why should you make the switch?
- Optimal management with an analytics dashboard of resources;
- Amazing user experience for different user profiles;
- Transform the media infrastructure in an IT infrastructure;
- Media and IT infrastructure support simplified;
- Optimized usage of the resources;
- Improve the resources density.
Increase the media professionals’ performance
No matter what the environment is – news studios, production houses, OB vans, sports and live-events coverage – there are multiple departments and professionals collaborating around the globe that need to perform multiple operations on a tight schedule.
• By virtualizing the media operations, those professionals will have access to the resources they need on the fly – for that specific project – and then have the ability to switch the operation processes to a different one – without needing a dedicated equipment for each of them.
• Without this redundancy of resources, it can be guaranteed that all equipment usage is being maximized and that there are no “dead usage moments” in production.
Help IT administrators optimize daily tasks
Working with Native Virtual Media Operations, IT administrators can manage resources centrally instead of supporting individual equipment at every location.
• They can scale up and down the number of resources based on the instant needs of media operations which will save many operational costs along the way.
• The operations can be accessed by a web user interface for Administrators that enables IT managers to easily monitor all media infrastructure and spend less time in troubleshooting. IT managers can get a better insight of their infrastructure down to the specifics, enabling the prediction of critical tasks and errors. This will inevitably reduce the time they usually spend responding to support requests and solving them.
In addition, upgrades can be performed for workload leveling, infrastructure resilience and software upgrades without any Media Operation downtime
Drive your Business to Success with maximized production
By using Virtual Media Operations solution, companies will get significant benefits:
What do we Offer?
Virtualized Media Operations and Media Farm
Virtual Media Operations
4PRO Software Services is a set of developments that can be implemented in the MAM4PRO environment. The micro-services are fully-tailored to your specific needs and workflow. With 4PRO software services you can get a well-defined interface and operation in your production workflow.
MAM4PRO gathers a set of media operations in a high-performance computer system that we call mediaFARM. You can choose from a set of powerful but compact media servers, that’ll fit your workflow needs.
MOG’s mediaFARM is a turnkey solution that will give you the capability and maximum flexibility to perform multiple tasks in a single interface.